Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pen Pals

Ask, and you will receive. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened for you. (Matthew 7:7, GWT)

My nine year old has a pen pal who lives on the Mainland. Last Tuesday, she sent a letter to her pen pal. The same day she mailed the letter, she started checking the mail twice a day expecting a letter in return. 

Every day, without fail, she has checked the mail twice a day fully expecting a letter in return.
Every day, without fail, she gets excited that her letter may be in the mail today. 

When she checks the mail and discovers the letter hasn’t arrived yet, she makes comments like, “I’m sure my letter is on it’s way.” and “I can hardly wait to see what my pen pal has to say!” and “Maybe my letter will be here tomorrow.”

My child sent a letter to her pen pal fully expecting a letter in return. 

These pen pals have a sweet relationship. My daughter has confidence in her pen pal. 

When I ask things of God (1 John 5:14-15) on behalf of myself or my friends, I fully without fail, expect to receive. Every day, I check to see if the answer to prayer has arrived. Every day, I get excited to see how prayer is going to be answered. And if the prayer wasn’t answered “today”, I know tomorrow just may be the day our prayers are answered. 

I expect and believe until I receive. 

Why? Because we have a sweet relationship. I have confidence in Him. 





Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. (1 John 5:14-15)




No comments:

Post a Comment