Friday, January 10, 2014

Built on The Rock

Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. (Matthew 7:24-25, NKJV)

Recently, I was chatting with one of my close friends and as always, our conversation turned to the wonderful goodness of God.

During our chat, God brought a situation to my remembrance that had happened almost twenty years ago that I had forgotten. 

I had just moved to Alaska and was being hard headed about trading in my car. I had a very cool, red, Daytona. Very fun car, just not an Alaska car. 

My manual transmission (stick shift) tended to freeze up in the Alaska temperatures and at times, I couldn't put my car in reverse. 

One night, after working late at the office, I couldn't get my car in reverse. It was dark, I was cold and tired. All my co-workers had left hours ago so no one was there to help.

I got out of my car, and tried to push it back into the parking lot so that I could pull forward and leave work. I slipped on the ice and almost fell down. I got back inside my car and tried to put it in reverse but couldn't force it. 

I repeated this process four or five times. 

Finally, very frustrated and out of desperation I cried out to God, "God! Help me, please!"

I saw a big rock in front of my car. I put my foot on the rock for leverage and...as sure as my name is Genice, my car moved backward! I was able to easily move my car! Almost effortlessly. It was at that instant God spoke to my spirit and said, "See what happens when your foot is on the Rock?"

Lesson learned.

Most gracious, loving Heavenly Father, thank You for never leaving or forsaking us...even in cold, dark, parking lots. Especially, in cold, dark, parking lots. Thank You for Your faithfulness. Thank You for helping us when we cry out to You. Thank You for being in every aspect of our lives when we invite You. And thank You for bringing to our remembrance the many, many ways, You have and continue to deliver us. Your Word tell us the hairs on our head are numbered...how very specific and intricate You are! Great is Your faithfulness! All glory, honor, and adoration to You my God!







No comments:

Post a Comment