Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tennis Balls and Tennis Racquets

From time to time we are blessed with a guest blog post. Today, please join me in welcoming my ten year old daughter as she blogs about her view of playing tennis. Enjoy!


The godly offer good counsel; they teach right from wrong. (Psalm 37:30, NLT)


This is for all the kids out there!

Last night, my family played tennis. I watched as my parents were swinging their racquets. I kept my eye on the ball. I realized kids are like the tennis balls and our parents are like the tennis racquets. 

As I was watching them, I would see the ball about to hit the ground. Then my dad hit the ball over the net and the game went on. In life, kids are like the tennis balls and our parents are like the tennis racquets. When kids are about to stumble, we can always go to our parents. And if we don't want our parents advice, well, we just have to take it! Our parents know best! If they say we can't go to our friends house, then don't go!

If you want good advice, well, go to your parents. Obey Obey Obey!




Father, we pray for Your children. We pray each child (young and old) recognize the blessing of and heed godly counsel. Thank You for placing godly counsel in our path who give us good counsel and teach us right from wrong. We pray a special prayer for all young children right now, in the name of Jesus, we pray their hearts be flooded with light so that they can understand the confident hope You have given. We thank You God, that we are Your sheep. We listen to Your voice, You know us and we follow You. Thank You for eternal life! We are grateful we will never perish; nor, will we ever be snatched out of Your hand!




Ephesians 1:18
John 10:27-29


No comments:

Post a Comment