Thursday, January 3, 2013

Some Days...

Some days, I don't want to write encouraging blog posts. Some days, I just want to forget everything I'm supposed to do and do whatever I feel like doing. Some days, I want to jump on the whining band wagon and "let'er fly"!

Today, I feel like griping and complaining. Yesterday was an extremely rough day. It started out great but quickly went south when I had to deal with some very serious work issues and then some extended family issues. And even though I spent most of the day in prayer (literally), things continued to go south until late last night. Wave upon wave. Smack upon smack. Knock upon knock. Well, I'm sure you've had those days so you get what I mean.

But then I'm reminded, I am in this world but not of it. I WILL NOT CONFORM! (Romans 12:2)

And I'm reminded, I live by what I know not by what I see or what I'm told! What do I know? Faith, Faith, and more faith! (2 Corinthians 5:7)

I'm also reminded not to complain about anything but with thanksgiving, prayer and supplication, make my requests known to Him! (Philippians 4:6)

For today's purposes, that's my version of Philippians 4:6. Other versions read, "anxious, worry, be careful for, be nothing solicitous (I found that one to be interesting and fun!). Complaining is often the result of being anxious, being filled with care, worrying, and being solicitous. (I am having so much fun with today's blog post!)

Last November, the LORD spoke to me and said, "Today is a new day. I make all things new."

Some days, He makes new things newer; for example, the days when everything is great (quite unlike my yesterday) and we wake up the next morning and can see...He is still making all things new!

Some days, He makes old things new; for example, the days when everything was like my yesterday but we wake up the next morning and can see...He is still making all things new!

Who God is and what He does is not affected by our circumstances.

He is always:
Good! (Psalm 100:5)
Present! (Hebrews 13:5)
The Same! (Hebrews 13:8)

Even though yesterday ended like it did, I continue to trust Him because I know that I know that I know, no matter how things look, He promised me, "Today is a new day. He makes all things new!"

My prayer for every reader today is to refuse to conform to the ways of the world and be continually transformed by the renewing of our mind! Refuse to walk by what we see and hear but continually and persistently walk by faith! Refuse to murmur and complain but in everything, everything, everything, make our requests known to God our Father with thanksgiving and praise! We thank You Father for always being so good to us! We thank You for always being with us! And we thank You for being our Rock, always being the same in an ever changing world! You are worthy of all our praise!



No comments:

Post a Comment