Monday, January 14, 2013

Between a Rock and a Hard Place Moment

Bo, our dog, and I took a long walk on the property this morning that led us through the boat harbor. Part of our walk took us along a concrete wall that was about 2 feet wide. On our left was mud and tall prickly grass that cut our legs. On our right was a huge drop off and boat harbor water with who knows what underneath.

Bo doesn't like water. He stayed right next to me, continually brushing up against me as if to check in and feel safe.

As we walked on the concrete wall, I was reminded of the Israelites when they faced a "between a rock and a hard place" moment. The Red Sea was in front of them and Pharaoh's army was quickly approaching on the other side. (Exodus 14)

The Israelites cried out to the Lord and their leader, Moses. (Exodus 14:10, 11) Being in between this rock and a hard place, they tweaked on their leader and shouted accusations!
(Exodus 14:10-12)

A side note. If your marriage (or any relationship) is in between a rock and a hard place today, don't turn on your leader. Suit up and STAND! (Ephesians 16:13) As the saying goes, "If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem."

Moses said, "A'ight, errrbody listen up! C'on now, don't anybody be skeered. Just stand. The Lord is about to show up and do battle. And these guys chasing us are about to be fish food. You see them now, but you will never see them again. So errrrbody, please just stay calm! (Exodus 14:13).

Then Moses, at some point, cried out to the Lord and the Lord tells Moses, "Don't cry, MOVE!" Or more specifically, "Why are you crying out to me? Tell the people to get moving!" That'll preach! If you've been crying over a situation, stop squawking and do something!

Oftentimes I hear, "Well...the Lord...is in control. He is gonna do what He wants to do. All I can do is try to pray." Followed up with a huge sigh and a head hung low while their thought process and their actions remain the same as it has for decades. That is a lazy, defeated, irresponsible, ignorant response to Him and His Word. (James 2:17)

Please allow me to challenge you today. Purposely commit to His Word (2 Timothy 21:5, 2 Timothy 3:16, 17) and "continually brush up" to Him in prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:17), and you will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! (Psalm 27:13) Light affliction, is but for a moment and is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory! (II Corinthians 4:17 NKJV)

When the Israelites were in between a rock (Red Sea) and a hard place (Pharaoh's Army) God delivered, just like He always does! (Psalm 34:19)

Are you facing a "Red Sea" on one side and a "Pharaoh's Army" on the other? Get up and move, do something because God is can show up with a "strong east wind"! He will unleash His mighty power! And you will be filled with awe! (Exodus 14:13-15, 21, 31 NLT)

Please make this confession with me.

Father God, in the name of Jesus, I thank You for being mighty to save! I thank You for saving me! You never said I wouldn't face adversity but You did tell me You would deliver me out of all of it! I thank You for always showing up and unleashing your mighty power in all situations that attempt to rise up against me and my family. You have filled me with awe of You! I love You, praise and worship You my mighty King! Thank You for all the "strong east winds" You have blown in my life so that I could walk through on dry land!






Disclaimer:
In no way is this an attempt to advise anyone to stay in an abusive/neglectful relationship. Nor it is an attempt to advise anyone to move out. Be led and allow wisdom to rule! (Psalm 143:10 and James 1:5)





No comments:

Post a Comment