Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Lazy River, Ain't Lazy...at All!

Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; He will neither fail you nor abandon you. (Deuteronomy 31:8 NLT)

In our prior blogpost, I wrote about standing in line at the water park waiting for my turn to go down the water slide. I heard a loud noise, looked up and saw an airplane. In that moment the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart and taught me a life changing lesson.

Some may question that scenario. Really? Jesus? At a water park? Where people are wearing swimsuits…even bikinis? A place where alcohol is sold and cursing can be heard around every corner? Where a lot of unbelievers are? And not in your prayer closet?! (1 John 5:7, Deuteronomy 31:8)

Yep!
  • I never leave home without Him!
  • Jesus is involved in every area of my life! 
  • I don’t box Him in a particular time slot during the day.
  • I don’t lock Him up at home when I go out.
  • I don’t close Him out of any part of my life.
  • I don’t only meet up with Him at church service.
  • He knows everything about me. 
  • He’s my Master, my Savior, and I fully depend on Him everywhere I go! 
Jesus is my best friend! (John 15:15)

I’m so wrapped up in my relationship with Him, I don’t have time to waste on religion. (Matthew 23:3-5)

And quite honestly, when I ride the “lazy river” with my nine year old (who turns said lazy river into a white water rafting experience…even at a depth of three feet), I need Jesus!

I boldly proclaim, “The Lord is my helper! I will not fear! Since God be for me, what can my nine year old to do me! (Hebrews 13:6, 2 Timothy 1:7, ) 


Bring it on little red headed kid!



Father, in the name of Jesus, continue to give us revelation on relationship with You. Please give us a deep heart’s desire to continue to realize and to continue to make everything not of you fall off like the scales on Paul’s eyes so that we may see. Let not one of us walk in religion in the name of Jesus. Let every one of us walk in love, ease burdens, and bless everyone we come into contact with, bringing all glory to You Lord God. I pray every day, we become more like Jesus than we were yesterday. Thank You Lord for being in every area of our lives as we submit our spirit to Your precious Holy Spirit. Place in us a hunger for You, Your ways, and Your Word, in the name of Jesus. 





No comments:

Post a Comment