Monday, June 30, 2014

Follow Simple Instructions

The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. (1 Corinthians 10:13, NLT)


Yesterday I was sitting in church service and a special offering was being received. The Spirit of God spoke to me and told me to give the person next to me some cash for the special offering. The Lord said, “Give them $x.xx so that they will have seed to sow.” This person had already paid their tithes and given an offering; however, this person had not prepared for or knew about the special offering that was being given. The Lord gave me an exact amount.

Can I just say…I was so excited! I love Luke 6:38 and was quite literally ready to jump out of my seat! In my over the top excited state, I said, “SHOOTS! Lord I will give this person TRIPLE that amount!!!"

The Lord immediately quickened me and said, “NO…give the person the amount I told you to give. Anything more will tempt beyond what can be withstood.”

I thought, “Yes Genice! Just follow basic simple instructions!"

I rolled up the cash and handed it to the person as the offering container passed by. This person understands godly finances and we are so excited to see what God is going to do with their special offering! 


How great and awesome is our God! He is always faithful to watch over His Word to perform it! And His great love is so perfect, He won’t allow us to get caught off guard or be set up to fail! (Psalm 147:5, Jeremiah 1:12, 1 John 4:18, 1 Corinthians 10:13)


Thank You Lord Jesus for Your greatness, You are truly awesome! Your faithfulness is beyond description! And Your Word cannot fail! Thank You King Jesus for loving us so much, You watch over us and protect us! We give you glory, honor, and praise for You are so worthy!






How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension! (Psalm 147:5)



No comments:

Post a Comment