Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wanna Stand? Gotta get Dressed Every Day!


Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. (Ephesians 6:11)

Currently, there are cutesy little signs on the internet regarding awkward moments; for example, “Awkward Moment # 9,362” and then they fill in the blank with something awkward.

Today I experienced an awesome moment!

Someone made a random comment to me about a pastor (as if it were firsthand knowledge) and I knew the comment to be untrue. Behold! I was handed the amazing opportunity to respond with, “Oh really? Well, they are a close personal friend of mine, I will call them right now to confirm or deny that situation.” I immediately got a shocked look, eyes bugged out and I distinctly heard a big gulp.


I didn’t respond this way in order to pat myself on the back and say, “Woohoo, look at me.” No, this was all about cutting the enemies head off, immediately. By the way, the person making the comment is not the enemy. (Ephesians 6:12)
    This is how we handle these type of situations:

    1. Never, ever link up with that. 
    2. Always go directly to the source
    3. Cut that things head off, immediately
    4. Stand up for the person who is not there as if you are standing up for yourself, or your spouse, or your children, or your best friend.
    In doing so, the momentum of the weapon of the enemy immediately falls to the ground! It completely loses its force!


    The second element in this battle is no less critical than the first. That is, once we successfully decapitate the enemy in the first strike (negative comment) we must never resuscitate it by speaking about the incident. Loose lips sink ships. Some information is just not worthy of passing on. (Philippians 4:8). 


    For example, I could have called the pastor and told him/her all about the incident. That is, winning the first strike but suiting up for a suicide mission for the second strike and taking all those around me down with me.


    I could have told my husband, Mike. In the overall battle, first strike would have been won while the third strike blew up home base.


    I could have told all my closest girlfriends at church. First strike won while fourth strike scattered the forces.


    Or worst of all options, I could have posted the incident on Facebook, KABOOM! Won one battle but lost the war...


    We must be vigilant, alert, self controlled and refuse to be devoured! (1 Peter 5:8)

    God has set us up to successfully stand and Ephesians 6:12-18 tells us how!
    • Get dressed in His full armor and stand!
    • Stand firm in our belt of truth and breastplate of righteousness in place!
    • Insure our feet are fitted and stay ready with the gospel of peace!
    • Use our shield of faith, it extinguishes all flaming arrows!
    • Protect our head with the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, His Word!
    • Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. Be alert and always pray for the Lord’s people!
    Get dressed every day and stand!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment