Monday, November 28, 2011

Final Destination, Paradise!

“Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.” Psalm 34:19

On a recent flight from Missouri to Hawaii, I was reminded of a message I recently heard Dr. Larry Ollison teach on living above the storm. I've weathered many storms, many without Jesus and many with Jesus. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but God delivers us out of them all!

I can tell you from experience that weathering storms with Jesus is much more productive, peaceful and joy-filled. Jesus offers a peace that surpasses all understanding. (Philippians 4:7 NKJV) Thank You Jesus, I receive that by faith! He makes all things work together for my good! (Romans 8:28 NKJV)

I'm a sunshine girl and I had hoped for a bright sunny drive to the airport. However, when I opened the blinds that morning I could see it had been raining. The weather had caused the days to be very dark for quite some time. There was no sign of the dark clouds moving aside for a bright sunny day. But my faith did not waver. I did a happy dance and gave myself a high five because I knew my final destination!

While making the drive from the Lake of the Ozarks to St. Louis to catch our flight, the weather continued to be very cold, dark and rainy. But the condition of the weather didn't negatively affect me because I knew my final destination!

While at the airport, I had opportunity to minister light to many people.  Some were very tired, looking for their gates, and trying to check in using their e-tickets. Others were airport employees dealing with difficult customers. He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. (1John 4:4) I was able to shine light because I knew my final destination!

While sitting on the runway, I looked outside and all I could see was cold, rain and dark. I knew very soon I would be above the storm. Walking by faith not by sight, my anticipation grew because I knew my final destination!

All of a sudden, at over 30,000 feet, I saw it! I was finally above the storm and what an amazing sight! It looked like Heaven on earth! Darkness gave way to light. Light dispels darkness. Light is good! I thanked God for His majestic creation because I see Him in every good and perfect gift. (James 1:17) I was one step closer to my final destination!

Immediately, I thought of the choices that are set before us. We choose to shine forth light or give in to darkness. With every act, thought and deed we choose blessing or curses. During the storms of life, we can choose to stand on every promise in His precious Word. We can choose to weather every storm filled with joy and peace.  Why? Because as born again believers, we know our final destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment