Friday, May 2, 2014

National BK Day

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it [a]overflows). (John 10:10, Amp)

Please take note of the very words of Jesus when He said, "have and enjoy", "have it in abundance", and "to the full, till it overflows".  

Earlier this year, my pastor told me, "Go out and do something different. Go out and do something you have never done before." I quite literally took him at his instruction. Since that time, I've done a lot of things I had never done before. 

Just to name a few, I:

  • started making handmade greeting cards (a huge challenge for me on many levels)
  • joined a gym, (my muscles have literally been sore every day since January first)
  • started running (my body screams at me to stop, but I ignore it's pleas)
  • drove the Oregon Coast...in April (yes...the cold, wet, windy Oregon Coast requiring up to five layers of clothing)

My pastor's advice was really great advice and I have declared this to be my, "Year of Being and Doing Different"! I have committed to be better in every area of my life on January 1, 2015 than I was on January 1, 2014.  I am keeping a list of all the things I'm doing different. I am looking forward to seeing my list on New Years Day. 


Several weeks ago, my oldest daughter asked me to go sky diving with her. I thought, “Been there-done that-I’m good.” Sky diving wasn't something I could put on my "Year of Being and Doing Different" list.

But then she told me why she was going sky diving. She said, ”I am jumping in honor of Mr. Brian Kelley's life and declare it National BK Day”… Can you say, "SOLD"! At that point, I was all in! Yep, I would not miss this for the world!

Today, we celebrate Brian’s life. A true family man, completely full of honor. A great big thank you, Brian, for coming into our family and treating Rachy like the princess she is and for setting the example that changed all our lives forever. Thank you for showing us to live every single day, to walk in life in excessive abundance, and to never waste a moment we’ve been given!



Rachy, this one is for you Baby Doll! 
All for you and your amazing children! 
In celebration of, “National BK Day”!


Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray everyone who reads this be given a fuller revelation of your Son's words when He said"have and enjoy", "have it in abundance", and "to the fulltill it overflows"! Thank You for life! Each life is so precious to You! So precious that You sent Your Son Jesus in order for us to have life, enjoy life, have life in abundance, and have life to the full, till it overflows! Lord God, thank You for Brian. He was a blessing to everyone who came into contact with him. Thank You for blessing our family with Brian. When You sent him to us, You sent Your best of Your very best. And when You see him dancing on the streets of gold, can you please give him a huge hug and tell him we miss him?


Attention All Key Tov Blog Readers: 
What about you? What can you do different today that will steer you in the direction of living life as Jesus intended? What can you do today that will lead you on the path of different? The full life till it overflows! We would love for you to let us know what is on your list of, "Year of Being and Doing Different"! 




Strong's Concordance
perissos: abundant
Original Word: περισσός, ή, όν
Part of Speech: Adjective; Adverb
Transliteration: perissos
Phonetic Spelling: (per-is-sos')
Short Definition: abundant, greater, vehemently, advantage
Definition: more, greater, excessive, abundant, exceedingly, vehemently; noun: preeminence, advantage.


Thank you www.biblehub.com



No comments:

Post a Comment