Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Struggling to Understand

From time to time, I ask friends and family to write a blog post. Enjoy today's post from my oldest daughter, Cortni Mechaney. As an intercessor, she pours out her heart for hurting people like the people in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing. Please join us in praying for these people, our nation, and our nation's leaders. Mahalo


When I heard about what happened in Boston I struggled to understand. Why? Why do people want to hurt other people? This is something I don't understand and probably never will.

Yesterday, I read about the runners going to give blood. I also read about how the medical responders did such an amazing job. I was reminded to be thankful. Thankful to live in America, thankful for selfless people.

This morning as I read more about the bombings and learned we do not know who did it and nothing is being done but an investigation I became angry. This is America the greatest nation, our people have been attacked, so somebody please do something.

I got in my car to drive to work still frustrated but continuously praying. On the radio, they mentioned the deaths and the injuries. As I fought back the tears, I became overwhelmed with grief. God spoke to me and said, "I am hurting too." I had to think about that for a second. These people are not my friends, they are not my family, they are mere strangers that my heart breaks for. These people are God's friends, they are Gods family.

How much more does He love us than any earthly person?

God's simple statement of "I am hurting too" lets me know we are not alone, not now, and not ever. I pray for those affected by this tragedy, and my faith rises up because I am a child of the One True King.

Cortni Mechaney



John 11:35
Deuteronomy 31:6
Romans 12:15
Galatians 3:26
Ephesians 4:30
Revelation 19:16
Matthew 7:11
John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment