Saturday, April 27, 2013

Minor Distractions

Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil. (Proverbs 4:25-27, NLT)

I took Bo, our dog, running this morning. Bo really, really likes cats. But not in the agape sense. 

As we were walking down the traffic side of the side walk at CPR (our store, Central Pacific Rebuilders), he became distracted by a cat. He ran out in the middle of Nimitz. For those of you who do not know, Central Pacific Rebuilders sits at the corner of Nimitz and Mokauea, which is a very busy intersection in Honolulu.

Thankfully, the light was red and there currently was no vehicles coming his direction; however, there was a huge truck at the red light waiting for a green light. Behind the large truck was a line of cars and trucks, bumper to bumper, three lanes of traffic.

As you can imagine, the cat was a minor distraction compared to the large truck and line of traffic waiting for a green light. Thankfully, I was able to get his attention and get him off the road before the light turned green. 

Deep cleansing breath.

Immediately, well immediately after my deep cleansing breath, it occurred to me how critical it is for us not to be distracted with anything and maintain our focus on everything God has called us to do. Oftentimes, the enemy will throw a "cat" in front of us distracting us from the "large truck, line of cars, bumper to bumper, and three lanes of traffic" that is headed our way. (1 Peter 5:8)

As we seek first Him first kingdom (Matthew 6:33) we can insure we never get distracted!

Thank God for those who He has placed in our lives, standing on the "sidewalk', praying for us, screaming our name, and calling us back before the truck gets the green light.



Are you distracted by a "cat"? Refocus right now and stay on a straight path!

Father God, in the name of Jesus, I refocus my life right now and release all distraction. Please forgive me for focusing on distraction instead of mediating on You, Your life giving Word, and Your unfailing love. Thank You for gently bringing me back to the path You have set before me. You are good and Your unfailing love and mercy endures forever! Thank You for loving me enough to guide me straight back to You and every good work You have called me to do! I love You Lord! I am grateful for Your and Your call on my life. Thank You for equipping me!


3 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. Genice Fulton,
    So good to get in touch with you through your profile on the blogger. I am moved by your life's journey. Thank you for your post on your blog "minor Distriactions". The shareing is very encouraging. The prayer at the closing of your post is very moving. Thank you once again.
    I would like to be in touch with you. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 33 yrs in the great city of Mumbai, India. This city is a city of geat contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor to bring healing to the broken hearted and give them new live, hope, future and purpose. We also encourge young people as well as adults from the West to come on short term missions trip to work with us. I would love to come to Hawaii in God's time. God willing I will be in States in June/July 2013.My email id is:
    dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. I am also writing you on your email id.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genice, I have just sent my comment on your post "Small Distractions" of dated 27th April 2013 on your blog "KEY TOV Blog". Once again very practical sharing. thank you for using your blog to share Biblical truth that would encourage believers in their christian faith. I will be wirting to you on your email id too. Pastor Diwakar Wankhede from Mumbai, India

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha Pastor! Mahalo Nui Loa for your support of Key Tov Blog, Bible Studies from the Big Island. We appreciate your support. Thank you for your invitation to go to India; however, we only travel with our missions sponsor. Much success on your travels, Mahalo!

    ReplyDelete