Monday, September 5, 2011

Both Sides of Your Mouth

"Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand."' (Matthew 12:25)


I recently received a text from a friend asking about a natural disaster that had just occurred.  I hadn’t heard anything about it, so I told her I would do some research and let her know what I could find.

On my internet search, about the third line down, I saw where someone had stated they were praying to their "gods" for damage in a certain area of the United States to be worse than reported, and for another catastrophe to hit so that the area would be leveled. I wondered to myself who would think such a thing, write it down and then actually make it public.  God spoke to my heart and said, “that is what pray-ers are up against…in spiritual warfare.”

For example, He showed me situations where when the media broadcasts a hurricane, the information is “played up.” The meteorologists say things like-
“This has the possibility of being the largest natural catastrophe since before the beginning of time.”  Oh…please.
Excuse my detour into sarcastic humor.
I will stay on task. 

Once the information is released, several things happen:
  1. Pray-ers start declaring peace in the storm & the storm will be brought to naught, in the name of Jesus!
  2. The media hype continues until there is a “new threat” to report someplace else in the world.
  3. People began to talk about (speak...and speak...and speak) the “new catastrophe”. “Have you heard about _______?”
Ephesians 5:1 says, “Imitate God; therefore, in everything you do, in everything you do, in everything you do, because you are His dear children.” (Emphasis mine). Please allow me to explain. The scripture doesn’t say, “because you might be His dear children”…it says, "because you ARE His dear children, imitate Him in everything you do." I do not believe God sits in Heaven discussing how many dollars worth of damage the “current storm” is going to cost the U.S. Government; therefore, since we are His children and imitators of Him, neither should we.

Way back in Genesis 1, “God said”, and as a result of God saying, things happened. What should you do then? Please refer back to Ephesians 5:1.

Set before us is life and death, blessings & curses. 

He allows us to choose. We make the choice to bless or curse with every single thought, word and deed.  He encourages us to choose life! Let’s bring this home. We must be very watchful of what we think and say over our spouse, our children, our health, our finances, our church, our extended family and friends.

Do we confess:
The righteous man walks in his integrity, his children are blessed after him!
And then:
My kids are driving me up a wall!

And:
May the LORD give me increase, more & more, me and my children!
And then:
I’m so broke, I can’t pay attention! I’m broke, my daddy was broke and my kids will be broke!


And:
My children will also serve Him, our future generations will hear about the wonders of the LORD!
And then:
My kids won’t ever be born again...and that just makes me sick! 
What will become of this country when all these kids are running it?! 

Confessing God’s Word and confessing the opposite of His Word, is a house divided (to part, disunite, differ). To engage in spiritual warfare against your own self is unfruitful & will destroy a home/family. 2 Corinthians 10:5 says, “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” Demolish defined is: to tear down completely, put an end to, to do away with completely (Dictionary by Farflex). 

My daddy use to say, “Don’t be talk’n outta both sides of your mouth.” Here's the translation:
1. Make a decision as to what you believe in. 
2. Stand by that decision with every thought, act, deed...no matter what the circumstance looks like at the time, especially the decision to speak life.
3. Summed up, don’t be a divided house (person).

We cannot afford to deceive ourselves, the words we speak are powerful.  Whatever we feed will grow (Unknown). The Word of God clearly tells us, "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life."(Gal. 6:7-9)

Jesus knows my thoughts! 
I think life! 
I speak life!
My house is not divided; therefore, my house will not be ruined. 
My house will stand!


No comments:

Post a Comment