Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Rock Throwing Tirades!

Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; (Romans 12:10-12, NKJV)


Road trip'n with my Bestie! She's my happy place ;)

Several weeks ago, we had a get together at our place with friends. If you’ve been reading our most recent blogposts, you know our place is currently an RV on a remote campground in Alaska. There is a gathering place on this particular campground lovingly referred to as “The Smokehouse”, where campers sit around an open fire, chat with other campers, cook meals to share, make smores…just your average camping hangout. Some families bring their musical instruments so everyone can enjoy a singalong.

On the particular weekend our friends had joined us, the campground was full of campers of all ages. All the parents were at the Smokehouse while most of the kids were playing near the middle of the campground where they could be easily seen from the Smokehouse. 

Suddenly, a teenaged boy had joined the smaller children. He asked one of the ten year old girls, “Can I pick you up? I want to see how much you weigh.” She responded with, “No.” He picked her up anyway. He picked her up at her knees and started flinging her around upside down. One of our friends (we will call him “Sam") asked her dad (our other friend), “Is that your daughter?!” Her dad “Bob” (for confidentiality purposes) immediately yelled her name, “Susie!” (also for confidentiality purposes) as he immediately headed her direction. He kept yelling her name in a very…well, a very fatherly way…a father who knows his authority. Needless to say, every camper on the campground knew, Dad was on his way to his daughter. Also needless to say, every camper on the campground knew not to get in between him and his daughter!

The second time Bob yelled, “Susie!”, the teenage boy gently put her down and quickly disappeared in a camper. 

Bob checked on Susie and thankfully she was unharmed. 

Susie’s friends ran to the Smokehouse. I asked for details on what had happened. One of the children said, “Momma, were we right in throwing rocks at the teenager when that boy picked Susie up?!”

To clarify…that would by my child asking that question, also that would be my child throwing rocks.


In the weeks after this occurrence, I’ve thought a lot about how this situation played out. This situation has really impacted me and made me more fully realize the importance of our inner circle. It has also made me more grateful for my inner circle.

We all need “Sams” in our inner circle. These are the friends who keep a watch on us when we don’t even know it. They notify our Father the instant they know something is up. Earnestly keeping us in prayer manifesting great power and producing wonderful results on our behalf! (James 5:16) I cannot tell you how many times my “Sams” have contacted me ready to do battle, letting me know they are praying for me and to say, "Hey, what's up?". Thanks “Sams”, I love and appreciate ya’ll!

We also have to have our "fervent in spirit” friends who we can trust to go on a spiritual rock throwing tirade when we are being flung around upside down! (Romans 12:10-12, Ephesians 6:12, Psalm 34:19) 

Dr. Terry Mize recently posted on his Facebook, “Always stay until the devil leaves…” 
Yes. 
That. 
Those friends.

And then…there’s our faithful Father who never leaves or forsakes us! Our Rock! Our Fortress! Our Deliverer! The Father, who always answers when we call on His Name!  (Deuteronomy 31:6, Psalm 18:2, Romans 10:13, Jeremiah 33:3, 1 John 5:14-15)

A great big shout out to my inner circle! May I always be sensitive to the Spirit in keeping you as you so faithfully keep me, I love you all!


Most gracious Heavenly Father, thank You! Thank You for all the “Sams” and the “rock throwers” You have placed in my life! Thank You for their diligence! Thank you for their patience with me! Thank You they remain steadfast with and for me in prayer! Thank You for their encouragement! I am so rich in the friend department! Thank You for ordering my steps and answering my prayers by placing them in my life, each of them are more than I could have ever thought of or asked for! I pray for them right now, in the name of Jesus, every need met and perfect wholeness in their lives and the lives of their loved ones! I pray for every reader right now, for each of us to invest our time, effort and energy into the inner circle You have placed in our lives. We thank You for friendship and we thank You for our our ultimate Friend, King Jesus!




1 Thessalonians 5:11
Proverbs 20:24
John 15:15
Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment