Monday, June 1, 2015

God did the most amazing thing!

Today’s blogpost is a continuation from our previous blogposts. To catch up, please read our previous blogposts, thanks!



Yes, the LORD has done amazing things for us! What joy! (Psalm 126:3, NLT)

While staying in a temporary RV waiting for our RV to go through inspection, we took a family day and went on a road trip to Whittier Alaska. As we drove towards our destination, my youngest said, “Mommy, where does God want us to live?” I said, “You ask Him and He will show you.” (1 Corinthians 1:9, 1 John 5:14, Matthew 7:7) Little did I know at the time, God was about to show us before days end! And, He was about to show us a place way beyond our expectations!

That evening, on the way back to the Ship Creek RV Campground in Anchorage, Mike mentioned he had heard of an RV campground in a remote area outside Anchorage. 

We are country folk, we don’t “do” city well. We can when necessary but we really prefer to be out in the woods. And being in Alaska, we all wanted to experience as much Alaskan wilderness as possible.

As we headed back to Anchorage we started looking for the RV campground Mike had mentioned. We found no signs and our gps took us on a wild goose chase. I used my phone to get an address which told us we were about 40 minutes away from the campground…in the opposite direction. We were all tired, ready to go to bed, and really didn't know if this campground even existed. I was impressed to keep looking for this campground so I said, “I really believe we need to go back and take one more look; otherwise, we may really kick ourselves. Let's not give up yet." (Galatians 6:9)

This time, we drove straight to the campground and wow! A glacier in our front yard, a creek ten steps out our backdoor, surrounded by mountains, bike trails, hiking trails, lakes, canoeing, bear hunting, and meeting other campers around the fire pit in the evenings! This place truly is days of heaven on earth for us! (Ephesians 3:20, Deuteronomy 11:21)




For confidentiality reasons, we won't currently disclose this location. 
Thank you for your understanding! 


Thankfully, we have made the transition into RV living quickly and painlessly with great expectations of many fun adventures.  If you are considering this lifestyle, below is a list of things I’ve learned thus far from living in an RV.
  • We are meeting so many great people from all over the world, making life long friendships.
  • There is way less time needed for "house" freeing up more time for "home".
  • With less to do to maintain a home and compete for our time, energy, & attention, there is so much more time to fish, bike, hike, canoe!
  • Due to water restraints, when I shower I can either wash my hair or shave my legs…so alternating is key.
  • We manage really well sharing one vehicle. The trade off (no payment/interest/insurance) far outweighs the minor inconvenience.
  • Now that we have a creek 10’ feet out our back door, a glacier 300 yards out our front door, our girls rarely ever ask for screen time (video games/ipad/itouch).
  • We are very thankful for these amazing adventures!
  • I have a deeper understanding of the phrase, Happy Camper! 

How long will we do this? I don’t currently know. I do know, when this season ends, we will move into the next season. Life is full of seasons (Ecclesiastes 3:1) and if I have learned anything, I've learned...

Seasons come, and then Seasons Go

Yesterday Mike said, "If we had a boat, it would really enable us to get into remote areas of Alaska. My response, "When you buy one, just make sure it is big enough for me to live on!"


Yep...


Seasons come, and then Seasons Go




Father God, I know many people reading these blogposts are experiencing seasonal changes. Some seasons are looked upon with great anticipation as some seasons can be unsettling. In the name of Jesus, I pray for every reader right now, that they will always seek you first during their seasons. I pray they have eyes to see and ears to hear and they continue on the perfect path you have called them to. May we all seek you first in all we think, say, and do. And may all we think, say, and do...glorify You...in the name of Your Precious Son, Jesus, amen! Father, thank You for answered prayer in my life and the life of everyone reading Key Tov Blog. May they be filled with peace, Your Peace, the Peace that passes all understanding!



No comments:

Post a Comment