Thursday, August 29, 2013

Crisis Pregnancy


See what [an incredible] quality of love the Father has given (shown, bestowed on) us, that we should [be permitted to] be named and called and counted the children of God! And so we are! The reason that the world does not know (recognize, acknowledge) us is that it does not know (recognize, acknowledge) Him. Beloved, we are [even here and] now God’s children; it is not yet disclosed (made clear) what we shall be [hereafter], but we know that when He comes and is manifested, we shall [as God’s children] resemble and be like Him, for we shall see Him just as He [really] is. (1 John 3:1,2)


Last week, I stopped by to catch up with a friend who works at a Crisis Pregnancy Center. It had been a while since I had seen her and she lives out of the way so I stopped by her office because I drive by the center on my way home.

I had my two youngest girls with me, ages eight and ten. It didn't even occur to me we had never discussed a crisis pregnancy nor did it occur to me they would even read the sign.

After leaving the center, on the way to the car, my ten year old seemed very distracted. I asked if she was alright. She sadly said, "Mom, how can a pregnancy ever be a crisis?" 

I must say, I was nearly floored by her comment as well as her demeanor. 
I must also say, I'm so thankful she will never know the fall out of being unwanted by her parents.

This is not a stab at abortion, or medical professionals who perform them. 
This is a bold statement to decree and declare to you, two undeniable, impenetrable, absolute truths.
  1. God loves you. (John 3:16)
  2. God has such an amazing quality of love, He loves you and calls you His child! 
If you have been told or if you've found out, you were/are not wanted by:
  • your earthly parent(s)
  • a spouse
  • a friend

Today, that all changes along with all the baggage that accompanies it because the Creator of Heaven and earth wants you, loves you, and calls you His child!



Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray for every reader in this situation today. I thank You for taking what the enemy intended for harm and working all things together for good for those who love You! I thank You for causing them to triumph in Your perfect plan for their lives! I thank You for being strong in their weakness and I thank You for sending Your word and healing and rescuing them! Thank You for giving me the boldness to proclaim, "It is finished!" because I do not waver! I am not tossed to and fro! I ask You and You do anything for me because of Your great love for us! 

Please make this confession out loud with me.

"Independent of who wants me and doesn't want me on this earth, I am thankful God wants me! The enemy intends rejection to harm me but he is a liar and I thank God for working all things together for my good! I praise God who causes me to triumph in Christ Jesus! When I am weak, God is strong! God sent His Word and healed me of everything that attempts to rise up against me. I thank God, no weapon formed against me shall prosper! I thank God He never leaves or forsakes me and enables me to be strong and courageous! THANK YOU KING JESUS!"




Genesis 50:20
Romans 8:28
2 Corinthians 2:14
Jeremiah 29:11
Psalm 107:20
Isaiah 54:17
John 8:44
John 14:14
James 1:6
Deuteronomy 31:6


No comments:

Post a Comment