Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Chemical Reactions


Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.” (Psalm 126:2, ESV)

Today in homeschool, we learned about chemical reactions. We concocted a recipe and once we added the last component, our mixture boiled over and out of our bottle as squeals and laughter ensued!



The experiment reminded me of one my best girlfriends, Bambi! When we met, we just clicked and it was like we had always known each other. She's a Texas girl so we "get" each other. We spend a lot of time together and once she is in the mix, there's a lot of boiling over as squeals and laughter ensue…as is evidenced in this picture!

"Hey Genice, watch this AND take a pic!" SPLAT...SPLASH! Ohhhh, that's gonna leave a mark...hahahaha!

She also teaches me how to paddle Texas girl style! 
She is a divine connection, truly a gift from God. She came into my life during a very confusing, difficult, discouraging time. She consistently spoke clarity over me, gave me solid counsel filled with anointing, spoke the Word over me, produced good treasure, but most of all, she made me laugh…and laugh…and laugh, until we saw victory! (Psalm 37:30, 31, Luke 6:45, Ecclesiastes 4:9, 10)

Not every connection in our lives result in this kind of reaction. I don't get this "reaction" from all people. I'm sure some people in my life have found it easier to love me from afar. That's ok, at times, wisdom says love from a distance.

The Lord laughs! (Psalm 2:4) Today, make a date with a best girlfriend and imitate the Lord as much as possible! Well, unless you are male…in that case, well…hopefully there rest goes unsaid!


Father, thank You for creating friendships and thank You for sending friendships to us at precisely the right time, all in Your perfect timing. Thank You for like minds to share all the great things You have done and continue to do in our lives! I pray for friendships for every reader right now, may we always be watchful to honor, love, and bless those friends who You so graciously place in our path. Thank You for all good things!




Homeschoolers, our recipe is below:

5 drops food coloring
2 tablespoons warm water
1 squirt dish soap
1 teaspoon yeast
1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide

Place ingredients in a small bottle, turn 'em out in the yard and ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment