Monday, May 25, 2015

Where Do We Go From Here…and, How Do We Get There


He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46:10, NKJV) 

Today’s blogpost is a continuation from our previous blogposts. To catch up, please read our previous blogposts, thanks!


During this time, I had a close friend daily walking alongside me in prayer. She is a hardcore prayer warrior and we all need some of them close by! One day she texted me and said, “God wants you to, be still and know He is God.” A few days later, a close friend (in another state and knew nothing of what as going on) texted me and said, “God wants you to be still and know He is God.” Peace rushed over me. God’s Word is alive and changes everything! (Hebrews 4:12) I encourage you to always speak scripture over your life! How great is the love the Father lavishes on us! I had always known God was working things together for my good, but the two texts just confirmed He was my Rock and my Shield! (Romans 4:27, 1 John 3:1, Romans 8:28, Psalm 18:2)



As much as I didn’t want to choose the hotel option, we decided our next step would have to include a brief hotel stay. That short season reminded me of a previous season when we stayed in a hotel due to permitting issues on an apartment renovation on Maui when I was pregnant with my youngest and my middle child was a toddler. God delivered me out of that situation and I knew He would quickly deliver me out of the current situation. (Psalm 18:2)

Several close friends, very graciously offered for us to stay with them so we wouldnt have to stay in a hotel. But we decided, we shouldn’t create disarray in their homes just because our home was in disarray. 

I believe God had been preparing me over the last few years for where I was in this season. A few years ago, God had put it on my heart to store up treasures in Heaven. (Matthew 6:20) I started researching “minimalism". In a culture that screams, “More!”, “Bigger!”, “Better!”, my heart was yearning for the opposite.  

I found myself fed up.
  • Fed up with all the “stuff" that really doesn't matter.
  • Fed up with payments with the majority of our money being applied to interest. 
  • Fed up with paying three times over in interest what I had paid for an item.
  • Fed up with not really grasping what was truly important.
  • Fed up with not being able to see the forrest for the trees.
I was convinced, there had to be a better way…a more simple way. A more peaceful way. A way that would free up our time and space to do more of what really mattered to us, in excellence.

Before coming to Alaska, we had major plans. We were going to lease a cabin for a time, buy a house (which would be our second home), buy a second vehicle, furnish the house (furniture as well as household goods since we already have a home in Hawaii). But in the previous months, my heart continued to cry out for the opposite. But what is the opposite? We had to have a house and a second vehicle…

or...

did we?


Please join us in our next blogpost as we share with you how God ordered our steps in a life changing direction into this exciting new season of our lives! (Proverbs 16:9)




No comments:

Post a Comment