Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Baby Brother is a Cowboy

Jesus looked at them intently and said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." (Mathew 19:26, NLT)

My baby brother is a cowboy. A real cowboy. He walks funny from riding too many bulls. I've only seen him wear something other than Wranglers a handful of times my whole life. Thankfully, he still has all his fingers even though he has "swung a many a rope". When we talk (he lives in Oklahoma), he is always going to pick up a horse, drop off a horse, or check on some cows.

Recently, I was teasing him and told him I was going to take him scuba diving. He said I could take him as soon as I figure out a way for his cowboy hat not to block a scuba mask and regulator and as soon as I figure out a way for his Wranglers not to create too much drag. In other words, he always wears his ten gallon hat and won't exchange his jeans for board shorts and forget the idea of a speedo. Sis won't link up with that!

When I look at him I see no difference in him and the cowboys who lived in the "cowboy era". We could plop him down in that era and no one could pick him out of that crowd.

Today I was walking the beach thinking about him and the cowboy time in history. As a huge jet flew over my head, I thought, I wonder what those cowboys would think today if they could see huge jets fly.

It was once said it was impossible for people to fly. What those people said didn't make today's truth any less true. The ones who didn't believe it, didnt stop the ones who made it a reality. Today hundreds of thousands of people fly all over the globe every day. What once seemed impossible is now taken for granted.

Jesus looked at them intently and said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible."

Jesus told the dead to raise.
The dead obeyed.

Need your marriage raised from the dead?
Need your health to raised from the dead?
Need you finances to raised from the dead?

Call it forth and give God the glory. Nothing...no thing...is impossible with Him!


Romans 4:17
Ephesians 5:1
Colossians 3:23
1 Corinthians 10:31




No comments:

Post a Comment